The Piedmont AFS Chapter held their January 2015 meeting in Athens, GA on January 21st and 22nd. The meeting topic was "Keys to Improving Your Furnace Refractory Lining Life". During the morning technical session the following talks were presented to 52 of the chapter's members and guests.
- "Improved Repair Material for Extending Furnace Life" - Jonathan Nguyen, United Refractories Co.
- "Safely Optimizing Inductor Life" - Pat Leper, Saveway USA Corp.
- "Coreless Furnaces: Seven Steps to Maximizing Refractory Lining Performance" - Pete Satre, Allied Mineral Products, Inc.
- "An Engineered Method For Installing Refractory In Coreless Furnaces" - Ayton Grady, Gradmatic Equipment Inc.
- "Analysis and Early Identification of Lining Failures" - Pat Leper, Saveway USA Corp
After the morning technical session meeting attendees had the opportunity to take a tour of the Terrapin Beer Company in Athens, GA.
The evening dinner was held and speaker Jim Frost of ACIPCO delivered an excellent talk on the Foundry Education Foundation (FEF).
The following day meeting attendees toured TICA- Toyota Industries Compressor Parts America Co. in Pendergrass, GA. The chapter would like to thank TICA for an excellent tour of their foundry.
The Piedmont Chapter thanks all of our speakers and attendees for helping to make this meeting a success. We invite you to join us for our next meeting in Blacksburg, VA on March 18th and 19th.